As many of you know, we began holding a competition to see who the best locksmith was in South East exactly 6 months ago. And today, we finally get to announce that our winner is a locksmith in Spartanburg, SC: Spartanburg Locksmith!
We utilized this entire half year keeping good records of what we experienced personally and heard about all of the locksmiths who were nominated. While we had some other very good contestants in the running, we had to go with Spartanburg Locksmith for a few reasons.
- They’re very reliable. These guys are available to help you get out of a pickle 24/7. They are truly always on call. This is one of the categories that we experienced ourselves. And Spartanburg Locksmith was on the scene in no time at all.
- Great customer service. As we did experience them in a true bind, we got to really see them in action. While we were very impressed with the quickness of which the job was done, what most got our attention was the level of professionalism these folks have. Everything was very smooth from the time someone answered the phone to the time my locksmith was waving goodbye and wishing me a safe continued trip.
- They do it all. There’s not a single locksmith need I can think of that these guys can’t help with. From cars to homes to commercial buildings, they can tackle any lock and key problem handed to them. (And that’s when you know you’re dealing with true experts).
Congratulations, Spartanburg Locksmith! And we thank you for your hard work and dedication to helping anyone in your area who’s in need. As promised, we will be promoting your company on our website and all of our social media platforms for the next year. And will surely be referring others to you from here on out.
For anyone in need of locksmith help in the upstate South Carolina area, be sure to give these guys a call. You can find all of their information on their website.
And after such a great turn out and having so much fun throughout the entire process, we’ll be sure to continue with these competitions. Next time, we hope to reach the west coast. So stay tuned. And please, feel free to comment with any questions or suggestions.
Windshield wipers appear to be very durable. However, depending on an array of different factors, your windshield could be just moments away from a nasty crack. Are you at risk without even knowing it?
Common Reasons for Windshield Damage
- Road conditions are among the most common reasons for windshield repair or replacement. During a trip last winter, one of our team members found himself in need of windshield repair in Greenville, SC due to poor road conditions. The roads were particularly bad during that time because of a recent ice storm. When salt is put on the roads in order to aid the ice in melting, it also eats at the cement, creating potholes and other hazardous road damage. If you’re in an area with poor road quality, be sure to stay at a safe speed to lower your risk of damage.
- Poor installation could easily create conditions that lead to a cracked windshield. This is why it’s so important to find just the right auto glass specialist. Especially be sure to ask about their policies in case of malfunction after your service.
- Aside from the obvious hail damage, weather is not a factor that many people consider. Depending on your climate, the sunlight or heat could be enough for your car to give in under pressure. Weather is also most likely to wreak havoc on windshields if temperatures in your area frequently change drastically. This sudden change from extreme heat to cold, or vice versa, causes your windshield to expand and contract and could eventually lead to cracking. Keeping your car in a garage when at all possible could reduce your risk of such extreme exposure.
- Driving too close behind other cars, particularly large trucks and vehicles, also puts you at easy risk for windshield damage. This is usually because rocks and debris, either from the ground or some that had previously been stuck to the car ahead, will be projected onto your windshield. When driving at high enough speeds, this is a common set up for disaster.
While you can’t always protect yourself from windshield damage, knowing these key reasons behind it could help you in knowing how to best avoid need for repair; drive with caution on loose or deteriorating roads, choose your auto glass specialist wisely, be mindful of the weather and keep a safe distance from other drivers.
When searching for just the right transmission repair shop, there are a few prerequisites we always advise people to check into to ensure they receive quality and fair service. While repairing and replacing transmissions isn’t on anyone’s “favorite hobby” list, it doesn’t have to be a bad experience either.
4 Ways to Find the Right Transmission Specialist
- Check Their Methods
Find out what approach your potential specialist uses to diagnose transmission problems. If upon asking, your specialist simply says he’ll “take a look and get back to you,” it could be a sign that he isn’t up to date on the best and most efficient ways to discover the root issue. Especially if you have a newer car which relies heavily on computer software to operate, it’s important for whoever is working on your car to have a good understanding of this technology. While it’s still possible a technician without the latest and greatest computer screening technology could still correctly determine how to best fix the problem, it’s very likely your visit could wind up being more costly due to the extra labor.
- Consider Your Ideal Time Frame
If you happen to have a multitude of cars at your disposal, timing may not be a particularly important point of interest for you. However, if the car you’re getting transmission work done for is your sole mode of transportation, you may only be able to afford an extensive gap of time without your vehicle. If this is your case, as most commonly is, check to see how many products and parts your potential specialist keeps in stock. Some shops will keep a large stock pile of the most commonly needed repair/replacement parts on hand in order to get you back on the road as quickly as possible. Others will have to order the parts and wait for them to arrive before they can even begin working on your car. Be sure to consider this when making your decision.
Note: Referring back to tip #1, keep in mind that the diagnostic process could also become a factor in timing.
- Check Their Reputation
This may seem obvious to some readers, but digging into a company’s reputation can be one of the most important, and often overlooked, factors when deciding who you want servicing your vehicle. The first thing to do is to check and see how long your company has been in existence. For example, a company who’s been around for 30 years likely does quality work; at least good enough to stay in business that long. However, some of these older companies like to focus on older cars or use older techniques which, again, could cost you time and money.
Reviews are also always one of the most important clues as to whether or not a shop is right for you. But be sure the reviews you’re reading are credible and not just from the company’s site itself. Also, read into whether or not the person leaving the review seems to know what they’re talking about. If someone who doesn’t know about cars comes out of an experience frustrated due to a lack of understanding, it could make for an unfair, biased review.
- What Are Their Areas of Focus
For transmission work, we often advice that you find a transmission specialist specifically. Going to your everyday mechanic could leave you at risk for a less than satisfying service job. Transmissions are complex and can be quite tricky. So finding someone who works solely on transmissions is always preferred.
While there are several other factors that could go into making this decision, we believe these 4 considerations should be taken right off the bat. There are plenty of transmission repair shops that fit all of these prerequisites. As a point of reference, you can check out a shop we’ve kept up with for quite a while in Greenville, SC: All-Trans. You can access their website in order to see what a good example of a transmission specialist looks like. We wish you luck on your quest!